You are here

Motion to Extend Time to File Motion to Dismiss (707)/Delay Discharge

Official Procedure Last Change February 8, 2011

Motion to Extend Time to File Motion to Dismiss (707)/Delay Discharge

How to file: 

Location of event: Bankruptcy > Trustee/US Trustee > Extend Time to File Motion to Dismiss (707)/Delay Discharge

  • 11 USC 707
  • FRBP 4004(a),(b)  

General Information

  • This event is for use by the US Trustee only to request an extension of time to file a motion to dismiss or delay discharge pursuant to 11 USC 707.
  • Once the motion has been filed, the court will issue a 14-day objection notice.

Filing Requirements

  • Motion must be signed by the filing party.
  • A Certificate of Service must accompany the Motion.
  • It is not necessary to upload a proposed order - the Court will prepare one.

Step-by-Step Instructions

1. Log into CM/ECF.

2. Select Bankruptcy > Trustee/US Trustee.

3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.

4. Select Extend Time to File Motion to Dismiss (707)/Delay Discharge from the event list and click Next.

5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.

6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.

Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.

7. Browse to select the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.

8. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.

9. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).

Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.