Official Procedure Last Change February 3, 2016
U. S. Trustee's Motion to Approve Appointment of Chapter 11 Trustee or Examiner
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Trustee/US Trustee > U.S. Trustee's Motion to Approve Appointment of Trustee/Examiner Pursuant to Sec.1104(d)
Things to be aware of when filing: This motion may only be filed if the court has
Once the court has granted a Motion to Appoint Chapter 11 Trustee, the US Trustee will select a proposed trustee and file a Motion to Approve Appointment of Trustee.
- The Motion must be signed by the filing party or their attorney.
- The Motion must state the name of the appointee and their role (trustee or examiner).
- A Certificate of Service must be included.
- A proposed order must be uploaded.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Trustee/US Trustee.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select U.S. Trustee's Motion to Approve Appointment of Trustee/Examiner Pursuant to Sec. 1104(d) from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Select the Order Granting Motion to Appoint Trustee to which this filing relates and click Next.
9. Select appropriate radio button and enter name of trustee/examiner to be appointed and click Next.
10. Final docket text is displayed. Click Next.
11. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.