Official Procedure Last Change February 6, 2012
U. S. Trustee's Notice of Appointment of Ombudsman
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Trustee/US Trustee > U.S. Trustee's Notice of Appointment of Ombudsman
This event is used by the US Trustee to report the appointment of a health care ombudsman or consumer privacy ombudsman.
- The Notice must be signed by the filing party or their attorney.
- The name and address of the ombudsman must be included.
- A Certificate of Service must be included.
- A Verified Statement by the ombudsman must be included, setting forth the person's connections with the debtor, creditors, patients, any other party in interest, their respective attorneys and accountants, the United States trustee, and any person employed in the office of the United States trustee.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Trustee/US Trustee.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select U.S. Trustee's Notice of Appointment of Ombudsman from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Select radio button to indicate whether you are filing a notice of appointment of health care ombudsman or of consumer privacy ombudsman. Enter the name of the ombudsman, then click Next.
9. Final docket text is displayed. Click Next.
10. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.