Online fee payments are made through Pay.gov, a program of the Department of the Treasury that accepts payments to various government agencies.
Who can pay online?
- Filers not represented by attorneys, or those not registered as ECF users may pay online. Registered ECF users must continue to make payments through ECF.
What fees can I pay online?
- Filing fee installments or full payments for chapter 7, 11, 12 and 13 cases.
- Payment of other fees owed to the court for motions, amendments, or copies.
- DO NOT submit chapter 13 plan payments through this system. Those payments must be sent to your case trustee as directed.
What forms of payment are accepted?
- Debit card (preferred)
- ACH (Automated Clearing House – electronic payment from your bank account)
When will my payment be processed by the Bankruptcy Court?
- Debit card payments will be processed until 3:30 p.m. on the date payment is accepted by Pay.gov.
- Payments received after 3:30 p.m. will be processed the following business day.
- ACH payments may be delayed for up to two business days after your payment has been accepted by Pay.gov.
- Make your payment prior to the due date to ensure that it is processed in time.
Please note that a $53 fee is charged for any failed payments, including those resulting from the entry of incorrect routing or account numbers, or from insufficient funds available.