Official Procedure Last Change February 21, 2014
Chapter 7 Trustee’s Final Account, Certification of Full Administration and Application for Discharge
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Trustee/US Trustee > CH 7 - Final Account, Certification of Full Administration, and Application for Discharge
Things to be aware of when filing: The Final Account must be filed using the standard form available on the US Trustee's web site.
- The Trustee prepares their Final Report and submits to the US Trustee for review. The US Trustee has 60 days to review before filing the Report with the Court.
- Subsequent to filing of the Report, the Trustee files a Notice of Final Report along with Certificate of Service with the Court if net receipts as shown on the Final Report exceed $1500.00. No Notice of Final Report is required if the net receipts are $1500.00 or less.
- Once all funds have been disbursed as shown on the Final Report, the Trustee files their Final Account, which is submitted to the US Trustee for review. The US Trustee has 60 days to review before filing the Final Account with the Court.
- If no objections are received within 30 days of the filing of the Final Account, the case is closed.
The Final Account must be filed using the standard forms available on the US Trustee's web site.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Trustee/US Trustee.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select CH 7 - Final Account, Certification of Full Administration, and Application for Discharge from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Click Next.
9. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
10. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.