Official Procedure Last Change December 1, 2009
Notice of Trustee's Final Report and Applications for Compensation
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Trustee/US Trustee > Ch 7 - Final Report Notice
- The Trustee prepares their Final Report and submits to the US Trustee for review. The US Trustee has 60 days to review before filing the Report with the Court.
- Subsequent to filing of the Report, the Trustee must file a Notice of Final Report along with Certificate of Service with the Court if net receipts as shown on the Final Report exceed $1500.00. No Notice of Final Report is required if the net receipts are $1500.00 or less.
- The Certificate of Service must not be included in the same PDF as the Notice. Both documents can be filed at the same time using the following instructions, but they must be two separate PDFs.
- If an Amended Final Report is filed, an Amended Notice of Final Report along with Certificate of Service must also be filed if the net receipts exceed $1500.00, following the same procedures as for the original. (An Amended Final Report is not required to be filed if the additional funds received total less than $1500.00.)
- If a Supplemental Final Report is filed, a Notice of Supplemental Final Report along with Certificate of Service must also be filed if the net receipts listed in the Supplemental Report exceed $1500.00. (The determination of whether the Notice is necessary is based solely on the amounts in the supplemental final report, not on the total amount from both supplemental and original.)
- If Trustee compensation is included in the Final Report, an Application for Compensation must be filed at the time of filing the Notice of Final Report.
- Any other requests for compensation (e.g. for accountant for Trustee) must have been filed and approved prior to the filing of the Final Report.
The Final Report and Notice of Final Report must be filed using the Uniform Final Reports available on the US Trustee's web site.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Trustee/US Trustee.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Ch 7 - Final Report Notice from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. If there is already a Notice of Final Report on file, check the Yes radio button if you are attempting to file an Amended Notice, else check No. Click Next.
9. Ensure that the box next to the correct Final Report to which the Notice relates is checked (or the previous Notice of Final Report if you indicated that you are now filing an amendment to same), then click Next.
10. If you added the Certificate of Service as an attachment in Step 8 above, check the Certificate of Service is attached to this event radio button. If you will be filing the Certificate of Service separately, check the Certificate of Service will be filed separately radio button.
11. The objection deadline is calculated and displayed. Click Next.
12. Click Next.
13. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.