Official Procedure Last Change March 2, 2021
Chapter 7 Trustee's Withdrawal of Report of No Distribution
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Trustee/US Trustee > Ch 7 - Withdrawal of Report of No Distribution
Things to be aware of when filing: The uploaded pdf should not be titled as a motion (i.e. Motion to Withdraw Document).
- This event is used by chapter 7 trustees to withdraw a previously-filed Report of No Distribution.
- See procedure on withdrawals generally for information on withdrawing any other document.
- If the Court has already entered an Order in No Asset Case or a Notation of Abandonment, these cannot be withdrawn by the Trustee since they were entered by the Court, not filed by the Trustee. In this circumstance, the Trustee must file a Motion for Relief from Order in No Asset Case or Notation of Abandonment pursuant to FRBP 9024 along with a 14-day objection notice.
- To withdraw a second Report of No Distribution filed on a case, contact the Clerk's office before filing.
- The Withdrawal must be signed by the filing party.
- The uploaded pdf should not be titled as a motion (i.e. Motion to Withdraw Document), neither should a proposed order be uploaded. A court order is not required to withdraw a document.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Trustee/US Trustee.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Ch 7 - Withdrawal of Report of No Distribution from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Select the Report of No Distribution you wish to withdraw and click Next.
9. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
10. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.