Official Procedure Last Change October 19, 2015
Trustee's Notice of Abandonment
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Trustee/US Trustee > Notice of Abandonment with Certificate of Service
- This event is used when a Chapter 7 Trustee wishes to file a notice of abandonment more than one day after filing a report of possible assets.
- The trustee is required to distribute the notice to parties in interest and all creditors. (The court makes the distribution when the Notice of Abandonment is filed along with the Notice of Possible Assets.)
- Use of the court's sample form is recommended.
- The Notice must specify:
- A 14 day objection period from the date the Notice was served
- The address of the Clerk's office to which any objections must be sent
- The Notice must be signed by the filing party.
- A Certificate of Service must be included.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Trustee/US Trustee.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Notice of Abandonment with Certificate of Service from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Objection due date is calculated and displayed. Click Next.
9. Final docket text is displayed. Click Next.
10. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.