Official Procedure Last Change July 13, 2009
Chapter 13 Trustee’s Notice of No Contact
(New Albany division only)
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Trustee/US Trustee > Notice of No Contact
Things to be aware of when filing: This event is only used when the debtor(s) has failed to make contact after receiving a Notice of Consultation Requirement.
- After the Court has issued a consultation notice, the debtor has 21 days to make contact with the trustee. If the debtor fails to make contact, their case is eligible to be dismissed immediately upon notification from the trustee.
- The trustee will file a Notice of No Contact to trigger the dismissal, which is a docket only event (no PDF document is used).
- The Notice of No Contact event should not be used if filing one of the following specific notice types (each of these events has its own option under Trustee/US Trustee in ECF):
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Trustee/US Trustee.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Notice of No Contact from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
7. If there is more than one objection on the docket, a list of these is displayed. Select the objection to which the Notice of No Contact relates then click Next. (If there is only one objection on the docket, the system automatically selects it without displaying any docket entries.)
8. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
9. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.