Official Procedure Last Change February 9, 2022
Trustee's Notice of Proposed Distribution - Escrow Surplus
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Trustee/US Trustee > Proposed Distribution - Escrow Surplus, Notice of
This event is used by Chapter 13 trustees only, to inform the debtor and claimants as to how escrow funds returned to the trustee will be distributed. The Notice of Proposed Distribution must provide 30 days for the debtor and claimants to object to the proposed distribution. If no objection is filed, the trustee may distribute the funds as proposed.
- The Notice must be signed by the Trustee.
- A 30-day notice to the debtor along with Certificate of Service must be included.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Trustee/US Trustee.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Proposed Distribution - Escrow Surplus, Notice of from the event list and click Next.
5. Select the Trustee as filing party and click Next.
7. Select the Order Confirming Plan to which the Notice relates and click Next.
8. Final docket text is displayed. Click Next.
9. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.