Official Procedure Last Change December 1, 2009
Chapter 13 Trustee’s Report of Settlement
(New Albany division only)
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Trustee/US Trustee > Report of Settlement
Things to be aware of when filing: This event is usually used when the debtor(s) and trustee have reached a settlement after issuance of a Notice of Consultation Requirement.
- After the Court has issued a consultation notice, the debtor has 21 days to make contact with the trustee. If the debtor makes contact with the trustee and comes to some resolution or agreement, the trustee will file a Report of Settlement with the Court. This is a docket only event (no PDF document is used) that may give a brief description of the terms that have been agreed upon by the debtor(s), trustee and any interested parties resolving the issue.
- If there is a failure to complete the terms of this agreement, the trustee may file a Notice of Failure to Abide by Settlement which makes the case eligible for immediate dismissal.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Trustee/US Trustee.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Report of Settlement from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
7. If there is more than one objection on the docket, a list of these is displayed. Select the objection to which the Report of Settlement relates then click Next. (If there is only one objection on the docket, the system automatically selects it without displaying any docket entries.)
8. Enter terms of settlement and click Next.
Note: Give a brief description of the agreement e.g. Debtor to become current with 30 days or Debtor to file amended plan within 30 days.
9. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
10. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.