Official Procedure Last Change October 12, 2012
Trustee's Notice of Returned Mail
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Trustee/US Trustee > Returned Mail Notice, Trustee's
This event is used to allow the trustee to notify the debtor's attorney when mail for a creditor was returned, for instance, after mailing out copies of a Chapter 13 plan.
No PDF is required - the information is contained in the docket text, which is sent via electronic notification to all electronic filers on the case.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Trustee/US Trustee.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Returned Mail Notice from the event list and click Next.
5. Click Next at the blank screen.
6. Do not select any additional attorneys. Click Next.
7. Select Trustee as the filing party and click Next.
8. Enter name of creditor to whom the returned mail was addressed. The creditor's address can also be entered if desired, for example, if there is more than one address for that creditor on the case. Click Next.
9. Final docket text is displayed. Click Next.
10. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit.
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.