Official Procedure Last Change June 3, 2022
Trustee's Notice of Plan Completion
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Trustee/US Trustee > Notice of Plan Completion
Things to be aware of when filing: Any deferred fees that are still owed on the case must be paid before filing of the Notice of Plan Completion.
- The trustee shall file a Notice of Plan Completion after all payments have been received.
- Any deferred fees that are still owed on the case must be paid before filing of the Notice of Plan Completion.
- Upon filing of the Notice of Plan Completion, any pending Trustee's Motions to Dismiss are automatically terminated.
- Jointly Administered Chapter 12 Individual cases: The Notice of Plan Completion should be filed in the lead case only. The debtor should then file the Motion for Entry of Discharge and Certification of Eligibility on both the lead and member case(s).
- Use of the court's sample form is recommended.
- The document must be signed by the filing party.
- A certificate of service must be included.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Trustee/US Trustee.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Notice of Plan Completion from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
9. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.