Official Procedure Last Change January 21, 2022
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Miscellaneous > Withdraw Document
Things to be aware of when filing: The uploaded pdf should not be titled as a motion (i.e. Motion to Withdraw Document).
These instructions are for attorneys only. See separate procedure for instructions for limited users.
- This event is used when you wish to withdraw a document that you previously filed with the Court. It cannot be used if you were not the original filer of the document you are seeking to withdraw.
- If you wish to have the document completely removed from the court record, for example, because it contains personal identifiers such as the full Social Security Number, a Motion to Remove Document should be filed instead of a Withdrawal.
- Do not use this event to withdraw any of the following:
- An appearance. Use Motion to Withdraw as Attorney instead.
- An order or a motion that has already been ruled on. Use Motion for Relief from Judgment/Order instead.
- A Proof of Claim. Use Withdrawal of Claim instead.
- Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution - use Chapter 7 Trustee's Withdrawal of Report of No Distribution instead.
- A Debtor Electronic Noticing Request. These requests must be deactivated instead of withdrawn. View instructions
- A reaffirmation agreement. These should be rescinded, not withdrawn.
- Trustee Services Rendered Pursuant to Sec. 330(e) - use the Withdrawal of Trustee Services Rendered event instead.
- The Withdrawal must be signed by the filing party.
- A Certificate of Service must accompany the Withdrawal if the document being withdrawn also required a Certificate of Service.
- The uploaded pdf should not be titled as a motion (i.e. Motion to Withdraw Document), neither should a proposed order be uploaded. A court order is not required to withdraw a document.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Miscellaneous.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Withdraw Document from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney. Click Next.
6. If you indicated that you are filing jointly with other attorney(s), select additional attorney(s) and click Next.
Note: You cannot add attorneys. Only attorneys who have previously entered an appearance will be available for selection.
7. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
9. Select the document you wish to withdraw and click Next (Note: Only documents that you have filed on the case are displayed. You cannot withdraw a document filed by somebody else.)
10. Check the appropriate box that relates to the current filing, click Next.
11. Final docket text is displayed. Click Next.
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.