Official Procedure Last Change November 6, 2018
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Motions, Applications & Briefs > Exhibit Other (not for use with hearing exhibits)
Things to be aware of when filing: This event should not be used to file hearing exhibits.
- Exhibits relating to motions and other documents already on the docket may be filed separately using this event.
- Hearing exhibits should be filed using the separate procedure.
If filing an exhibit related to a previously filed document, one of the following should be done:
- re-file the document as amended and include a copy of the exhibit, or
- attach a cover sheet to the exhibit with the case name, case number, and a reference to the previously filed document.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Motions, Applications & Briefs.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Exhibit Other (not for use with hearing exhibits) from the event list and click Next.
5. Select the No radio button when asked Is this an amended motion? then click Next.
6. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney. Click Next.
7. If you indicated that you are filing jointly with other attorney(s), select additional attorney(s) and click Next.
Note: You cannot add attorneys. Only attorneys who have previously entered an appearance will be available for selection.
8. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
10. If you wish to relate this filing to another document already on the docket, check the Refer to existing event(s)? check box.
11. Click Next.
12. If you checked the box in step 10, click Next, then check the box next to the document to which your filing relates, then click Next.
13. Enter additional text, if desired, and/or select prefix text and click Next.
14. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit.
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.