Official Procedure Last Change August 1, 2022
Motion to Establish Procedures for Interim Compensation and Reimbursement of Expenses
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Motions, Applications & Briefs > Establish Procedures for Interim Compensation/Reimbursement of Expenses, Motion to
- This event is used when a party is seeking approval of periodic compensation procedures for chapters 11 and 12 cases other than pursuant to 11 U.S.C. 331 and such a request was not otherwise included in the application to employ.
The Motion must be signed by the debtor's attorney (or by the debtor, if pro se).
A Certificate of Service must be included.
A 21 day objection notice with Certificate of Service must filed separately after review and approval by the court (see event Notice of Motion to Establish Procedures for Interim Compensations/Reimbursement of Expenses ).
Filing party is responsible for uploading a proposed order.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Motions, Applications & Briefs.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Establish Procedures for Interim Compensation/Reimbursement of Expenses, Motion to from the event list and click Next.
5. Select appropriate radio button to indicate whether or not the Motion you are filing is amended.
6. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney. Click Next.
7. If you indicated that you are filing jointly with other attorney(s), select additional attorney(s) and click Next.
Note: You cannot add attorneys. Only attorneys who have previously entered an appearance will be available for selection.
8. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
9. Browse to attach the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.
10. If you indicated in step 5 that you are filing an amended motion, all pending motions on the docket are displayed. Select the motion that is being amended and click Next.
11. Enter the name of the person/entity to be paid and click Next
11. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
Note: The prefix text option is not available if you indicated in Step 5 that the Motion you are filing is amended.
12. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit.
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.