Official Procedure Last Change October 7, 2019
Motion to Deposit Funds into Court Registry
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Motions, Applications & Briefs > Deposit Funds into Court Registry, Motion to
Things to be aware of when filing: Before attempting to file a Motion to Deposit Funds to Court Registry, permission must be sought from either the Clerk or the Clerk's financial supervisor.
- A Motion to Deposit Funds to Court Registry is used to request that the Court hold funds whose disposition or ownership is in dispute, pending the outcome of that dispute. Funds deposited in this account may earn interest.
- A Motion to Deposit Funds to Court Registry should not be used by the Trustee to deposit unclaimed funds. Instead, a Notice of Unclaimed Dividends should be filed.
- Before attempting to file a Motion to Deposit Funds to Court Registry, permission must be sought from either the Clerk or the Clerk's financial supervisor. View contact information
- The Court will deduct a fee from funds deposited in the court registry. Details of this fee may be obtained when seeking advance permission from the Clerk or the Clerk's financial supervisor.
- The Motion must be signed by the filing party or their attorney.
- The Motion should contain a certification that contact has been made with the Clerk or Clerk's financial supervisor prior to filing, and that the terms and conditions of the deposit have been understood and accepted.
- A Certificate of Service showing service of the Motion on the debtor/debtor's attorney, Trustee and US Trustee must be included.
- It is not necessary to upload a proposed order - the court will prepare one.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Motions, Applications & Briefs.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Deposit Funds into Court Registry, Motion to from the event list and click Next.
5. Select appropriate radio button to indicate whether or not the Motion you are filing is amended.
6. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney. Click Next.
7. If you indicated that you are filing jointly with other attorney(s), select additional attorney(s) and click Next.
Note: You cannot add attorneys. Only attorneys who have previously entered an appearance will be available for selection.
8. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
10. If you indicated in step 5 that you are filing an amended motion, all pending motions on the docket are displayed. Select the motion that is being amended and click Next.
11. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
Note: The prefix text option is not available if you indicated in Step 5 that the Motion you are filing is amended.
12. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit.
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.