Official Procedure Last Change June 07, 2023
Motion to Reconsider
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Motions, Applications & Briefs(link is external) > Reconsider, Motion to; and Adversary > Motions & Briefs > Reconsider, Motion to
Things to be aware of when filing:
A Motion to Reconsider is only appropriate in very limited circumstances such as reconsideration of an exparte order on the use, sale, or lease of property or reconsideration of procedural orders in an appeal.
This event should not be used to ask the Court to reconsider an order entered regarding the treatment of a claim. See separate procedure for Motion to Reconsider Claims Order. In all other circumstances, including dismissals, the proper event to use is Motion for Relief from Judgment/Order.
The Motion must be signed by the filing party or their attorney.
A Certificate of Service must be included.
A proposed order must be uploaded.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Motions, Applications & Briefs or Adversary > Motions & Briefs..
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Reconsider, Motion to from the event list and click Next.
5. Select appropriate radio button to indicate whether or not the Motion you are filing is amended.
6. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney. Click Next.
7. If you indicated that you are filing jointly with other attorney(s), select additional attorney(s) and click Next.
Note: You cannot add attorneys. Only attorneys who have previously entered an appearance will be available for selection.
8. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
10. If you indicated in step 5 that you are filing an amended motion, all pending motions on the docket are displayed. Select the motion that is being amended and click Next.
11. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
Note: The prefix text option is not available if you indicated in Step 5 that the Motion you are filing is amended.
12. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit.
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.