Official Procedure Last Change March 5, 2015
Application for Final Decree
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Motions, Applications & Briefs > Final Decree, Application for
Things to be aware of when filing: The Motion must state the percentage paid to general unsecured creditors in the plan.
- Once the estate has been fully administered, the debtor or trustee files an Application for Final Decree in order to receive a discharge (if the debtor is an individual) and to have the court enter the Final Decree.
- Following review of the Application by the court, the discharge is issued (if applicable), the Final Decree is entered and the case is closed.
- The Motion must be signed by the filing party or their attorney.
- The Motion must state the percentage paid to general unsecured creditors in the plan.
- A Certificate of Service must be included.
- It is not necessary to upload a proposed order - the Court will prepare one.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Motions, Applications & Briefs.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Final Decree, Application for from the event list and click Next.
5. Select appropriate radio button to indicate whether or not the Motion you are filing is amended.
6. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney. Click Next.
7. If you indicated that you are filing jointly with other attorney(s), select additional attorney(s) and click Next.
Note: You cannot add attorneys. Only attorneys who have previously entered an appearance will be available for selection.
8. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
10. A warning message is displayed. Click Next (unless you are filing an amended motion - see next step).
11. If you indicated in step 5 that you are filing an amended motion, all pending motions on the docket are displayed. Select the motion that is being amended and click Next.
12. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
Note: The prefix text option is not available if you indicated in Step 5 that the Motion you are filing is amended.
13. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit.
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.