Official Procedure Last Change January 25, 2018
Motion to Declare Secured Claim Satisfied and Lien Released
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Motions, Applications & Briefs > Declare Secured Claim Satisfied and Lien Released (FRBP 5009(d)), Motion to
This event is for use in Chapter 12 and 13 cases only, to request that the court enter an order declaring that the secured claim has been satisfied and the lien released under the terms of a confirmed plan.
- The Motion must be signed by the filing party or their attorney.
- A Certificate of Service must be included.
- A proposed order must be uploaded.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Motions, Applications & Briefs.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Declare Secured Claim Satisfied and Lien Released (FRBP 5009(d)), Motion to from the event list and click Next.
5. Select appropriate radio button to indicate whether or not the Motion you are filing is amended.
6. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney. Click Next.
7. If you indicated that you are filing jointly with other attorney(s), select additional attorney(s) and click Next.
Note: You cannot add attorneys. Only attorneys who have previously entered an appearance will be available for selection.
8. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
10. If you indicated in step 5 that you are filing an amended motion, all pending motions on the docket are displayed. Select the motion that is being amended and click Next.
11. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
Note: The prefix text option is not available if you indicated in Step 5 that the Motion you are filing is amended.
12. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit.
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.