Official Procedure Last Change June 20, 2013
Motion for Case Management Order
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Motions, Applications & Briefs > Case Management Order, Motion for
Things to be aware of when filing: This event should not be used for the appointment of noticing, balloting or claims agents.
This event is available for use on Chapter 11 cases only. It should not be used for the appointment of noticing, balloting or claims agents. There is a separate Motion to Retain Noticing, Balloting or Claims Agents event for that purpose.
- The Motion must be signed by the filing party or their attorney.
- A separate motion must be filed for each entity being retained, if there is more than one.
- A proposed order must be uploaded.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Motions, Applications & Briefs.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Case Management Order, Motion for from the event list and click Next.
5. Select appropriate radio button to indicate whether or not the Motion you are filing is amended.
6. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney. Click Next.
7. If you indicated that you are filing jointly with other attorney(s), select additional attorney(s) and click Next.
Note: You cannot add attorneys. Only attorneys who have previously entered an appearance will be available for selection.
8. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
10. If you indicated in step 5 that you are filing an amended motion, all pending motions on the docket are displayed. Select the motion that is being amended and click Next.
11. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
Note: The prefix text option is not available if you indicated in Step 5 that the Motion you are filing is amended.
12. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit.
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.