Official Procedure Last Change July 26, 2010
Motion to Extend Time to File Chapter 13 Amended Plan
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Motions, Applications & Briefs > Extend Time to File Miscellaneous Documents/Installment Payment, Motion to
- This Motion is used when the Court has previously ordered that an Amended Plan be filed within a set period of time, and an extension of time is being requested.
- The Judge will review the Motion and grant if approved.
- Motion must be signed by the filing party.
- A Certificate of Service must accompany the Motion.
- It is not necessary to upload a proposed order - the Court will issue one.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Motions, Applications & Briefs.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Extend Time to File Miscellaneous Documents from the event list and click Next.
5. Select appropriate radio button to indicate whether or not the Motion you are filing is amended.
6. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney. Click Next.
7. If you indicated that you are filing jointly with other attorney(s), select additional attorney(s) and click Next.
Note: You cannot add attorneys. Only attorneys who have previously entered an appearance will be available for selection.
8. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
10. Check box Refer to existing event(s)? and click Next.
11. Click Next.
12. Check box next to document to which the Motion to Extend Time relates and click Next.
13. Enter Amended Chapter 13 Plan in the text box and click Next.
14. If you indicated in step 5 that you are filing an amended motion, all pending motions on the docket are displayed. Select the motion that is being amended and click Next.
15. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
Note: The prefix text option is not available if you indicated in Step 5 that the Motion you are filing is amended.
16. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit.
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.