Official Procedure Last Change May 27, 2022
Application to Pay Filing Fees in Installments
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Motions, Applications & Briefs > Pay Filing Fee in Installments, Application to
Things to be aware of when filing: Amounts and payment dates must conform to the currently approved schedule.
- Installment fee cases may be filed under chapters 7, 11, 12, and 13 voluntary cases.
- Corporations cannot pay filing fees in installments.
- Per Local Rule, debtors must file the Application to Pay in Installments and fees per the currently approved schedule.
- Debtors may choose to pay more than the required amounts or pay the fees sooner, but they cannot pay less or take longer to pay, unless the Court orders otherwise.
- Pro se debtors may pay installment fees onlive via Pay.gov or mail payments to the Indianapolis Office. Attorneys must pay installment fees online via Pay.gov after creating an installment fee payment.
- If any installment of the filing fee has not been paid, the court may dismiss the case without further notice.
- If a case is dismissed for failure to make an installment payment, entire outstanding balance of the filing fee must be paid, not just the payment that was missed, before any request to reinstate the case will be considered.
- Official Form B103A must be used.
The Application must be signed by the debtor(s). Signature of the debtor's attorney alone is not sufficient.
The Application must be filed as a separate event, not included with the Voluntary Petition.
It is not necessary to upload a proposed order - the court will prepare one
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Motions, Applications & Briefs.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Pay Filing Fee in Installments, Application to from the event list and click Next.
5. Select appropriate radio button to indicate whether or not the Motion you are filing is amended.
6. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney. Click Next.
7. If you indicated that you are filing jointly with other attorney(s), select additional attorney(s) and click Next.
Note: You cannot add attorneys. Only attorneys who have previously entered an appearance will be available for selection.
8. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
9. Browse to attach the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.
10. If you indicated in step 5 that you are filing an amended motion, all pending motions on the docket are displayed. Select the motion that is being amended and click Next.
11. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
Note: The prefix text option is not available if you indicated in Step 5 that the Motion you are filing is amended.
12. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit.
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.