Official Procedure Last Change June 19, 2017
Motion for Expedited Hearing and/or Shortened Notice Time
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Motions, Applications & Briefs > Expedited Hearing and/or Shortened Notice Time, Motion for
Things to be aware of when filing: If the pleading to which a request to shorten notice time relates is to be filed at the same time, do not include an objection notice in that pleading
- Any Motion can be filed on an emergency basis by selecting the correct option as shown in the instructions for emergency motions.
- This motion is used to request a shorter objection period than that required by the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure or Local Rules, and/or an expedited hearing.
- If the pleading to which a request to shorten notice time relates is to be filed at the same time, do not include an objection notice until the Motion has been granted, at which time the Court will communicate further instructions.
- The Motion must be signed by the filing party or their attorney.
- A Certificate of Service must accompany the Motion.
- A proposed order must be uploaded.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Motions, Applications & Briefs.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Expedited Hearing and/or Shortened Notice Time, Motion for from the event list and click Next.
5. Select appropriate radio button to indicate whether or not the Motion you are filing is amended.
6. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney. Click Next.
7. If you indicated that you are filing jointly with other attorney(s), select additional attorney(s) and click Next.
Note: You cannot add attorneys. Only attorneys who have previously entered an appearance will be available for selection.
8. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
9. Browse to attach the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.
10. At the category selection screen, click Next.
11. Select the document to which your request for shortened notice and/or expedited hearing relates, and click Next.
12. If you indicated in step 5 that you are filing an amended motion, all pending motions on the docket are displayed. Select the motion that is being amended and click Next.
13. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
Note: The prefix text option is not available if you indicated in Step 5 that the Motion you are filing is amended.
14. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit.
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.