Official Procedure Last Change October 7, 2022
Motion for Joinder of Party Pursuant to FRBP 7020
How to file:
Location of event: Adversary > Motions & Briefs
- A request to join an adversary proceeding as a party plaintiff or defendnt shall be filed as a Motion for Joinder under FRBP 7020.
- The notice must be signed by the filing party.
- A certificate of service must be included.
- A proposed order must be uploaded
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Adversary > Motions & Briefs.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Joinder of Party Pursuant to FRBP 7020, Motion for from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Add a new joined party (view instructions on adding a new party). After adding, select the new party and click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
9. Review final docket text. If correct, click Next.
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.