Official Procedure Last Change April 30, 2010
Motion for Approval of Cash Management Systems
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Motions, Applications & Briefs > Approval Of Cash Management System (Bank Accounts/Business Forms), Motion for
- A motion for approval of cash management systems is a close cousin to the motion for approval of investment guidelines. A large company in Chapter 11 may have multiple accounts and arrangements for funds to be moved among accounts. For example, a retailer with multiple stores may have an account for each store and arrange to have the funds swept from those accounts into a master account every night. These cash management systems may technically violate 11 U.S.C. Section 345 and the United States Trustee’s requirement that debtors use authorized depositories. To be excused from complying with those requirements, the debtor may file this motion.
- The motion is on the list of first day motions in Chapter 11 cases contained in L.R. 9013-3(f). If filed with the bankruptcy petition or within 2 business days of the filing of the petition, the motion will be set for hearing on an expedited basis without the filing of a motion for emergency/expedited hearing.
- The Motion must be signed by the filing party or their attorney.
- A Certificate of Service must be included.
- A proposed order must be uploaded.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Motions, Applications & Briefs.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Approval Of Cash Management System (Bank Accounts/Business Forms), Motion for from the event list and click Next.
5. Select appropriate radio button to indicate whether or not the Motion you are filing is amended.
6. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney. Click Next.
7. If you indicated that you are filing jointly with other attorney(s), select additional attorney(s) and click Next.
Note: You cannot add attorneys. Only attorneys who have previously entered an appearance will be available for selection.
8. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
10. If Motion is being filed within two business days of the filing of the Chapter 11 petition, you are asked if you are filing as a First Day Motion. Check the appropriate radio button and click Next.
11. If you indicated in step 5 that you are filing an amended motion, all pending motions on the docket are displayed. Select the motion that is being amended and click Next.
12. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
Note: The prefix text option is not available if you indicated in Step 5 that the Motion you are filing is amended.
13. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit.
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.