You are here


(a)   Timing of Application for Final Decree: Payments Completed

In a case confirmed under 11 U.S.C. § 1191(a), the individual Debtor may apply for a final decree any time after docketing of the confirmation order. In a case confirmed under 11 U.S.C. § 1129 or § 1191(b), the individual Debtor or trustee, consistent with the terms of the confirmed plan or confirmation order, shall apply for a final decree upon completion of all plan payments or after the trustee has filed either the Chapter 11 Subchapter V Trustee’s Final Report and Account or the Report of No Distribution. The application shall include the percentage paid to general unsecured creditors. The applicant seeking entry of a final decree shall serve a 14-day Objection Notice of the application on the Service List and file a Certificate of Service.

(b)   Request for Hardship Discharge

If the Debtor seeks a discharge under 11 U.S.C. §1141(d)(5)(B), the Debtor shall file a Motion for Hardship Discharge.

(c)   Closing Case Before Plan Payments Completed

In a case confirmed under 11 U.S.C. § 1129 for which the Debtor is the entity administering the confirmed plan, a Debtor that wishes to close the case pending completion of the plan, the Debtor must file a Motion to Close Chapter 11 Case that states an intention to reopen the case upon plan completion. If the motion is granted, the Clerk shall not issue a Notice of No Discharge as otherwise required by Fed.R.Bankr.P. 4006. After completion of the plan and the reopening of the case, the Debtor shall file the Application for Final Decree and supporting documents as required in subparagraph (a) of this rule.