Official Procedure Last Change April 10, 2018
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Schedules/Statement of Financial Affairs/Initial Required Documents > Schedule(s) - Amended
Things to be aware of when filing: Form 106 Declaration or Form 202 (Declaration Concerning Debtor's Schedules) signed by debtor(s) is required when filing any Amendment to Debtor’s Schedules.
- If you are filing in response to a Notice of Deficient Filing and have already paid the filing fee, see separate procedure on Amended Schedule(s) - Corrected (Fee Previously Paid)
- If a Chapter 11 Debtor amends the creditor schedules and changes the status of a claim not previously listed as contingent, disputed, or unliquidated to a status of contingent, disputed, or unliquidated, or changes the scheduled amount of a claim, the Debtor shall give notice to that creditor of the change in status or amount and of the bar date for filing claims or a deadline for filing claims that is thirty days after the notice, whichever date is later. See sample form
- See separate procedure on requests to remove a creditor from a schedule or creditor list.
- Official forms must be used.
- Except when adding an attorney representing an existing creditor or when changing the address of an existing creditor, an amendment fee is required when making any amendments to Schedules D and/or E/F and when adding parties to Schedules G and/or H.
- Amended Schedules filed with the court replace all previously filed schedules and therefore, any amendment should also include ALL unamended information from the original/previously filed schedule.
- An Amended Summary of Schedules with Statistical Summary of Certain Liabilities is required if amounts change.
- Form 106 Declaration or Form 202 (Declaration Concerning Debtor's Schedules) signed by debtor(s) is required when filing any Amendment to Debtor’s Schedules.
- A Certificate of Service must be submitted when adding creditors to Schedules D and/or E/F, and/or adding parties to Schedules G and H. The Certificate of Service should indicate service on added creditors of the Notice to Added Creditors, Notice of Meeting of Creditors with full Social Security Number shown and any other documents that have already been sent out to all creditors, such as the most recent Chapter 13 Plan, Notice of Confirmation Hearing, etc. If the added creditors have already received copies of these documents, a Statement in Lieu of Notice to Added Creditors should be filed. The Statement in Lieu or Certificate of Service can be filed in the same document as the Amended Schedules, or separately using the Statement in Lieu of Notice to Added Creditors or Certificate of Service menu options, respectively.
- For jointly administered cases, the amended schedules must be filed on the specific lead or member case to which the schedules refer.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Schedules/Statement of Financial Affairs/Initial Required Documents.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Schedule(s) - Amended from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Click to highlight the debtor(s) for whom the Certificate is being filed and click Next. You must select both debtors if you are intending to include the certificates for both debtors in this filing. To select both debtors, hold down the Ctrl key while clicking on each debtor name.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
7. Browse to select the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.
8. Check box(es) next to ALL items being amended (including Summary of Schedules and Statistical Summary, if applicable) and click Next.
9. If amending schedules A/B, C, I and/or J only: Edit amounts on Summary of Schedules, then click Next then Next.
If amending schedules that include D, E/F, G and/or H:
- Select radio button regarding added creditors or parties. Click Next.
- If you indicated that you are adding creditors or parties, review ECF notice and click Next. Enter creditors/parties in large text box or browse to upload creditor list file and click Next. Select radio button regarding Certificate of Service and click Next.
- If a fee is due, it is displayed. Click Next.
- Edit amounts detailed on Summary of Schedules. Click Next then Next.
10. Final docket text is displayed. Click Next.
11. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.