Official Procedure Last Change January 13, 2020
Initial Statement About an Eviction Judgment (Form 101A)
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Schedules/Statement of Financial Affairs/Initial Required Documents > Eviction Judgment, Initial Statement of (Form 101A)
- A debtor only needs to complete and file this form if they checked yes in response to both questions set forth in Part 11 (“Do you rent your residence?”) of the Petition.
- A debtor that wishes to stay in their residence during the first 30 days post-petition must complete the Certification in its entirety, including checking both boxes, submitting the rent deposit and signing and dating the form. If the petition is filed pro se, the debtor must submit the rent deposit at the time of filing; if the petition is filed electronically by an attorney, the rent deposit must be submitted by no later than the next business day after the filing of the petition.
- A debtor that wishes to stay in their residence beyond the first 30 days post-petition must pay the entire delinquent amount due to the landlord (as stated in the eviction judgment), fill out and file the Statement About Payment of an Eviction Judgment Against You (Official Form 101B), and serve a copy on the landlord, all within 30 days of filing the petition.
- If rent is submitted by check or money order, it must be made payable to the Landlord.
- Official Form 101A must be used.
- The document must be filed as a separate event.
- A debtor must sign the form if either of Certification boxes is checked.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Eviction Judgment, Initial Statement of (Form 101A) from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Click to highlight the debtor(s) and click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Final docket text is displayed. Click Next.
9. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.