Official Procedure Last Change April 17, 2020
Declaration to Schedules
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Schedules/Statement of Financial Affairs/Initial Required Documents > Declaration
- Bankruptcy schedules must be filed within 14 days of filing of a new Bankruptcy Petition. The schedules must be accompanied by a signed Declaration under Penalty of Perjury. The Bankruptcy Case may be dismissed if these documents or a Motion for Extension of Time are not timely filed.
- The Schedules and Declaration are normally included in the same PDF as the Petition. However, if they were not included at the time of filing of the Petition, they may be filed separately using the instructions below.
- A new Declaration is always required any time schedules or summary of schedules are filed, even if a Declaration was previously included with Schedules filed earlier in the case. (The Declaration refers to "...summary and schedules filed with this declaration...," not to any schedules that might be filed at a later date.)
- If the Schedules and Declaration are being filed along with other documents as part of the filing of the balance of an emergency petition, they may be combined with many of those documents in one PDF. View separate instructions on filing the balance of an emergency petition
- Official Forms B 106 Declaration (individual debtors) or B 202 (non-individual debtors) must be used.
- The document must be signed by the debtor(s).
1. Log into CM/ECF.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Declaration from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Click to highlight the debtor(s)and click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. At the category selection screen click Next.
9. Select the document(s) to which the Declaration relates and click Next.
Note: If the court issued a deficiency notice for failure to file the Declaration, do not select the deficiency notice in this step.
10. Final docket text is displayed. Click Next.
11. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.