Official Procedure Last Change July 6, 2018
Small Business Tax Returns
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Schedules/Statement of Financial Affairs/Initial Required Documents > Small Business Tax Returns
- The following documents must be filed within seven days of the filing of a small business case:
- Small Business Balance Sheet
- Small Business Cash Flow Statement
- Small Business Statement of Operations
- Small Business Tax Returns
- If any of these documents are not available, a Small Business Statement in Lieu must be filed before the expiration of the seven day period.
- The Bankruptcy Case may be dismissed if these documents or a Motion for Extension of Time are not timely filed.
- The document must be filed as a separate event.
- The document must be signed by the attorney for the debtor.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Small Business Tax Returns from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Click to highlight the debtor(s) and click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Final docket text is displayed. Click Next.
9. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.