Official Procedure Last Change June 26, 2018
Summary of Schedules
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Schedules/Statement of Financial Affairs/Initial Required Documents > Summary of Assets and Liabilities
- Bankruptcy schedules, including the Summary, must be filed within 14 days of filing of a new Bankruptcy Petition. The Bankruptcy Case may be dismissed if these documents or a Motion for Extension of Time is not timely filed.
- The Summary is normally included in the same PDF as the Petition. However, if it was not included at the time of filing of the Petition, it may be filed separately using the instructions below.
- If the Summary is being filed along with other documents as part of the filing of the balance of an emergency petition, it may be combined with many of those documents in one PDF. View separate instructions on filing the balance of an emergency petition
- Official Form B 106 Summary (individual debtors) or B 206 Summary (non-individual debtors) must be used.
- A Declaration under Penalty of Perjury must be filed and signed by the debtor(s). This must be done even if a Declaration was previously included with Schedules and/or Summary filed earlier in the case. (The Declaration refers to "...summary and schedules filed with this declaration...," not to any summary and schedules that might be filed at a later date. Therefore, a new Declaration is always required any time schedules or summary of schedules are filed.)
1. Log into CM/ECF.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Summary of Assets and Liabilities from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Click to highlight the debtor(s) click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Update any of the dollar amounts that have changed and click Next.
9. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
10. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.