Official Procedure Last Change June 13, 2018
Statement of Intention
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Schedules/Statement of Financial Affairs/Initial Required Documents > Statement of Intention
- In Chapter 7 individual cases where the schedule of assets and liabilities contains debts secured by property of the estate or personal property subject to an unexpired lease, a Statement of Intention must be filed within 30 days of filing of the Petition or on the date of the meeting of creditors, whichever is earlier.
- The Statement of Intention is normally included in the same PDF as the Petition. However, if it was not included at the time of filing of the Petition, it may be filed separately using the instructions below.
- If the Statement is being filed along with other documents as part of the filing of the balance of an emergency petition, it may be combined with many of those documents in one PDF. View separate instructions on filing the balance of an emergency petition
Official Form B 108 must be used, and must be signed by the debtor(s).
1. Log into CM/ECF.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Statement of Intention from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Click to highlight the debtor(s) and click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Select the appropriate radio button and click Next.
9. Final docket text is displayed. Click Next.
10. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.