Official Procedure Last Change December 7, 2020
Verification of Creditor List
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Schedules/Statement of Financial Affairs/Initial Required Documents > Creditor List - Verification
Things to be aware of when filing: It is recommended that the court's sample form be used.
- A Verification of Creditor List must be filed within 14 days of filing of a new Bankruptcy Petition. The Bankruptcy Case may be dismissed if this document or a Motion for Extension of Time is not timely filed.
- The Verification of Creditor List is normally included in the same PDF as the Petition. However, if it was not included at the time of filing of the Petition, it may be filed separately using the instructions below.
- If the Verification is being filed along with other documents as part of the filing of the balance of an emergency petition, it may be combined with many of those documents in one PDF. View separate instructions on filing the balance of an emergency petition
- It is recommended that the court's sample form be used.
- The Verification must be signed by the debtor(s), and contain both 'Penalty of Perjury' and 'True and Correct' language.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Schedules/Statement of Financial Affairs/Initial Required Documents.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Creditor List - Verification from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Click to highlight the debtor(s) click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
7. Browse to select the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.
8. Final docket text is displayed. Click Next.
9. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.