Official Procedure Last Change April 21, 2020
Statement of Financial Affairs
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Schedules/Statement of Financial Affairs/Initial Required Documents > Statement of Financial Affairs (First Filing or Amended)
- Statement of Financial Affairs must be filed within 14 days of filing of a new Bankruptcy Petition. The Bankruptcy Case may be dismissed if this document or a Motion for Extension of Time is not timely filed.
- The Statement of Financial Affairs is normally included in the same PDF as the Petition. However, if it was not included at the time of filing of the Petition, it may be filed separately using the instructions below.
- If the Statement of Financial Affairs is being filed along with other documents as part of the filing of the balance of an emergency petition, it may be combined with many of those documents in one PDF. View separate instructions on filing the balance of an emergency petition
- Official Form B 107 (individual debtors) or B 207 (non-individual debtors) must be used.
- The Statement must be signed by the debtor(s).
1. Log into CM/ECF.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Statement of Financial Affairs (First Filing or Amended) from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Click to highlight the debtor(s)and click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Indicate whether the Statement of Financial Affairs is amending a previously filed Statement. Click Next.
9. Final docket text is displayed. Click Next.
10. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.