Official Procedure Last Change October 19, 2018
Income and Expense Statement
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Schedules/Statement of Financial Affairs/Initial Required Documents > Income & Expense Statement
- An Income and Expense Statement is required to be filed within 14 days of filing of a new non-individual Bankruptcy Petition. The Bankruptcy Case may be dismissed if this document or a Motion for Extension of Time is not timely filed.
- The Statement is normally included in the same PDF as the Petition. However, if it was not included at the time of filing of the Petition, it may be filed separately using the instructions below.
- If the Statement is being filed along with other documents as part of the filing of the balance of an emergency petition, it may be combined with many of those documents in one PDF. View separate instructions on filing the balance of an emergency petition
It is recommended that the court's form be used.
- A Declaration under Penalty of Perjury must be filed and signed by the debtor(s). This must be done even if a Declaration was previously included with Schedules and/or Summary filed earlier in the case. (The Declaration refers to "...summary and schedules filed with this declaration...," not to any summary and schedules that might be filed at a later date. Therefore, a new Declaration is always required any time schedules or summary of schedules are filed.)
1. Log into CM/ECF.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Income & Expense Statement from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Click to highlight the debtor(s) click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
9. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.