Official Procedure Last Change June 15, 2018
Disclosure of Compensation of Attorney for Debtor / Bankruptcy Petition Preparer
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Schedules/Statement of Financial Affairs/Initial Required Documents > Disclosure of Compensation
- If the debtor has an attorney, or a bankruptcy petition preparer was used, a Statement of Compensation must be filed within 14 days of filing of a new Bankruptcy Petition. The Bankruptcy Case may be dismissed if this document or a Motion for Extension of Time is not timely filed.
- The Disclosure of Compensation is normally included in the same PDF as the Petition. However, if it was not included at the time of filing of the Petition, it may be filed separately using the instructions below.
- If the Disclosure is being filed along with other documents as part of the filing of the balance of an emergency petition, it may be combined with many of those documents in one PDF. View separate instructions on filing the balance of an emergency petition
- It is recommended that Official Form B 2030 (attorney disclosure) or B 2800 (petition preparer disclosure) be used.
- The Disclosure must be signed by the debtor's attorney/petition preparer.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Disclosure of Compensation from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Click to highlight the debtor(s) and click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Select the appropriate radio button and click Next.
9. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
10. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.