Official Procedure Last Change September 10, 2010
Statement in Lieu of Notice to Added Creditors
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Miscellaneous > Statement in Lieu
Things to be aware of when filing: Use of the Court's sample form is encouraged.
If a Debtor is adding creditors due to filing an amended or post-petition schedule, they are required to give notice to the added creditors and provide copies of notices and documents in the case as appropriate, including the notice of the meeting of creditors with full SSN or ITIN, notice of the bar date, the most recent plan or amended plan, and confirmation hearing notice and shall file a certificate of service pursuant to S.D. Ind. B-9013-2. See procedure for Certificate of Service.
However, if the Debtor certifies that no notice is required because the creditor has already received those documents, the Debtor may file a Statement in Lieu of Notice to Added Creditors. This document may be filed in the same document as the Amended Schedule or Schedule of Post-Petition Debts, or separately using the instructions below.
- Use of the Court's sample form is encouraged.
- Statement in Lieu must be signed by the filing party.
- Statement must specify which creditors are being added, or for which creditors a new address is being provided.
Note: The prior address as well as the corrected address should be included. Without the inclusion of the prior address, it may be impossible for the court to determine which address should be changed, in which case the old address will continue to receive notices from the court in addition to the new address.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Miscellaneous.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Statement in Lieu from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney. Click Next.
6. If you indicated that you are filing jointly with other attorney(s), select additional attorney(s) and click Next.
Note: You cannot add attorneys. Only attorneys who have previously entered an appearance will be available for selection.
7. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
9. Select radio button re: Service of case documents on added creditors. Click Next.
10. Final docket text is displayed. Click Next.
11. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit.
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.