Official Procedure Last Change November 23, 2015
List of Secured Creditors (Chapter 11)
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Schedules/Statement of Financial Affairs/Initial Required Documents > Secured Creditor List (Chapter 11 Cases)
Things to be aware of when filing: The List of Secured Creditors need only be filed when filing an emergency Chapter 11 petition, and only when Schedule D along with a declaration under penalty of perjury is not being filed along with the petition.
- In a Chapter 11 case where the filer is only filing the minimum required documents, a List of Creditors who have or claim to have a secured claim must be filed with the voluntary petition. Failure to submit the above required items at the time of filing or within seven days thereafter may result in dismissal of the case pursuant to S.D. Ind. B-1017-1(b). Any request for an extension of time to file the other documents required by this rule must comply with Fed.R.Bankr.P. 1007.
- The List of Secured Creditors need only be filed when filing an emergency petition, and only when Schedule D along with a declaration under penalty of perjury is not being filed along with the petition.
- The List of Creditors may be filed in the same PDF as the Petition, or filed separately using the step-by-step instructions below.
- Use of the Court's sample form is recommended.
- The List of Secured Creditors must be signed.
- If filing a Schedule D instead of the sample form, a signed Declaration Under Penalty of Perjury (Official Form B106) must accompany the Schedule D.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Secured Creditor List (Chapter 11 Cases) from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Click to highlight the debtor(s) and click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Final docket text is displayed. Click Next.
9. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.