Official Procedure Last Change August 7, 2017
List of Creditors Who Have the 20 Largest Unsecured Claims
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Schedules/Statement of Financial Affairs/Initial Required Documents > 20 Largest Unsecured Creditors
- In Chapter 11 individual and non-individual and Chapter 9 cases, a List of Creditors Who Have the 20 Largest Unsecured Claims must be filed within 7 days of filing of the Petition. The Bankruptcy Case may be dismissed if this document or a Motion for Extension of Time is not timely filed.
- The List of Creditors Who Have the 20 Largest Unsecured Claims is normally included in the same PDF as the Petition. However, if it was not included at the time of filing of the Petition, it may be filed separately using the instructions below.
- If the List of Creditors is being filed along with other documents as part of the filing of the balance of an emergency petition, it may be combined with many of those documents in one PDF. View separate instructions on filing the balance of an emergency petition
- Official Form 104 (for individual cases) or 204 (for non-individual cases) must be used.
- For individual cases, Form 104 must be signed by the debtor(s).
- For non-individual cases, Form 204 must be accompanied by a signed Form 202.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select 20 Largest Unsecured Creditors from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Click to highlight the debtor(s) and click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Select the appropriate radio button and click Next.
9. Final docket text is displayed. Click Next.
10. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.