Official Procedure Last Change March 3, 2014
Certificate of Service
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Miscellaneous > Certificate of Service
Things to be aware of when filing: This event should not be used to certify service of a summons for an adversary proceeding or an involuntary case. See separate procedures for: Service of Adversary Summons Involuntary Summons Certificate of Service
- Use of the Court's sample forms is recommended:
- Certificate of Service of Hearing Notice
- Certificate of Service - Notice of Corrected Name
- Certificate of Service - Notice of Corrected SSN/ITIN
- Certificate of Service - Notice of Hearing on Motion to Extend/Impose Automatic Stay
- Certificate of Service - Notice to Added Creditors
- Certificate of Service - Notice to Post-Petition Creditors
- Certificate of Service Regarding Summons
- All other Certificate of Service types
- Certificates of Service must be signed by the filing party and must identify the following items:
- Pleading or paper served
- Name and address of each entity served
- Manner of service
- Date of service
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Miscellaneous.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Certificate of Service from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney. Click Next.
6. If you indicated that you are filing jointly with other attorney(s), select additional attorney(s) and click Next.
Note: You cannot add attorneys. Only attorneys who have previously entered an appearance will be available for selection.
7. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Browse to attach the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.
9. At the category selection screen, click Next.
12. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
13. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit.
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.