Official Procedure Last Change December 1, 2017
Chapter 7 Means Test Calculation
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Schedules/Statement of Financial Affairs/Initial Required Documents > Ch 7 Means Test Calculation (Form B122A-2)
Things to be aware of when filing: This form should only be filed if required by Form B122A-1.
- The Statement of Current Monthly Income must be filed with the Petition or within 14 days of filing. If that form requires it, it must be accompanied by the Chapter 7 Means Test Calculation, which may be included along with the filing of the Statement of Current Monthly Income, or filed separately using the instructions below.
- Median family income information for use in completing the Chapter 7 Means Test Calculation is available on the web site of the US Department of Justice.
- Official Form B122A-2 must be used, and must be signed by the debtor(s).
- Chapter 7 Statement of Current Monthly Income (Form B122A-1) must have been filed previously. Both of these forms may be filed together in one PDF using the Chapter 7 Statement of Current Monthly Income event, or Form B122A-2 may be filed separately using the instructions below.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Ch 7 Means Test Calculation (Form B122A-2) from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Click to highlight the debtor(s) click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Select the Chapter 7 Statement of Current Monthly Income to which this filing relates and click Next.
9. Select correct option re: Presumption (or abuse) Arises and click Next.
If debtor is claiming exclusion as a member of the National Guard or Reserves:
Not a joint case: Choose No
If both debtors are claiming the exclusion, choose No
If only one debtor is claiming the exclusion and there is no presumption of abuse for the other debtor, choose No
If only one debtor is claiming the exclusion and there is a presumption of abuse for the other debtor, choose Yes
10. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
11. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.