Official Procedure Last Change December 1, 2017
Chapter 7 Statement of Current Monthly Income
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Schedules/Statement of Financial Affairs/Initial Required Documents > Ch 7 Statement of Current Monthly Income/Statement of Exemption (Form B122A-1 and B122A-1Supp)
- The Statement of Current Monthly Income is required for all Chapter 7 individual debtors, and must be filed with the Petition or within 14 days of filing.
- Median family income information for use in completing the Chapter 7 Means Test Calculation is available on the web site of the US Department of Justice.
- Official Form 122C-1 B122A-1 must be used, and must be signed by the debtor(s).
- Form B122A-1 must be filed as a separate document, not included in the same PDF as the Petition. However, if filing the balance of the petition on a case filed as an emergency, form B122A-1 can be filed in the same PDF as the balance.
- Chapter 7 Means Test Calculation (Form 22A-2) or Chapter 7 Statement of Exemption from Presumption of Abuse (Form B122A-1supp) must also be filed if required by Form B122A-1. Both forms may be filed together with Form B122A-1 in one PDF using the instructions below. Form 22A-2 may be filed separately using the Chapter 7 Means Test Calculation event.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Schedules/Statement of Financial Affairs/Initial Required Documents.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Ch 7 Statement of Current Monthly Income/Statement of Exemption (Form B122A-1 and B122A-1Supp) from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Click to highlight the debtor(s) and click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
7. Browse to select the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.
8. Select appropriate option re: Presumption of Abuse.
If debtor is claiming exclusion as a member of the National Guard or Reserves:
Not a joint case: Choose No
If both debtors are claiming the exclusion, choose No
If only one debtor is claiming the exclusion and there is no presumption of abuse for the other debtor, choose No
If only one debtor is claiming the exclusion and there is a presumption of abuse for the other debtor, choose Yes
9. Enter current income of individual debtor(s) and select correct radio button and click Next.
10. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
11. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.