Official Procedure Last Change August 23, 2021
Request for Certified Copy of a Document
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Miscellaneous > Audio File, Request for
- This event may be used by registered ECF users to request certified copies of court document(s) maintained by the Clerk's Office.
- Requests for certified copies may be filed via the ECF system, mailed to or requested in-person at the Clerk's Office,
- All certification and copy work fees must be paid prior to certifying a document.
- A certification fee is charged for each requested document (attachments to the main document may be included without incurring additional certification fees).
- Certified copy requests submitted via the ECF system will not incur the per page copy fee.
- In-person and mailed requests for certified copies will incur a per page copy fee plus the certification fee. Mailed requests must include a self-addressed, stamped envelope (contact the Clerk's Office to obtain the total fee before mailing a request for certified copies).
- Partial certifications of a larger document (example: Schedule F of the voluntary petition) may be requested by mail or in-person at the Clerk's Office. Certifying multiple sections of a larger document will not incur multiple certification fees so long as all requested sections are from the same document.
- The request must state the docket entry number (including any attachments) and an email address to which the certified copies will be sent.
- A separate request must be submitted for each certification.
- A certification fee is due for each request. View current fees
- Copy fees are due for in-person and mailed requests
1. Log into CM/ECF.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Certified Copy, Request for from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney. Click Next.
6. Select the filing party from the party list and click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
9. Select the docket entry to be certified and click Next.
Note: Only one box may be selected. A separate request is required for each certified copy
10. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit your document.
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.