Official Procedure Last Change March 25, 2013
Stipulation of Facts/Documents
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Miscellaneous > Stipulation of Facts/Documents
Things to be aware of when filing: This event is not commonly used. An Agreed Entry or Agreed Motion should be used instead if the Stipulation relates to the resolution of a pending matter or some other agreement that parties wish to evidence for the Court.
This event is available for use when required by a pre-trial order in an adversary proceeding, or in situations where the parties can stipulate to some or all of the facts that would otherwise be contested at hearing, or to the admissibility of some or all of the documents that may be exhibits.
If the parties' stipulation instead relates to the resolution of a pending matter or some other agreement that parties wish to evidence for the Court, they should file either an Agreed Entry or Agreed Motion.
- The Stipulation must be signed by all parties to the issue.
- No proposed order is needed.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Miscellaneous.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Stipulation of Facts/Documents from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney. Click Next.
6. If you indicated that you are filing jointly with other attorney(s), select additional attorney(s) and click Next.
Note: You cannot add attorneys. Only attorneys who have previously entered an appearance will be available for selection.
7. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Browse to attach the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.
9. If the Stipulation relates to another document on the docket:
- Check the Refer to existing event(s)? box and click Next.
- At the category selection screen, click Next.
- Select the document to which the Stipulation relates.
10. Click Next.
11. Final docket text is displayed. Click Next.
12. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit.
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.