Official Procedure Last Change October 19, 2020
Request for Audio File
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Miscellaneous > Audio File, Request for
- This event may be used by any party who wishes to request a copy of an audio file of a hearing or trial previously held by the court.
- See separate procedure for requests for an official written transcript of a hearing/trial.
- The Request must state the date and time of the hearing/trial of which the recording is being requested.
- A separate request must be submitted for each hearing/trial. Multiple requests cannot be combined in one document, even if the hearings are on the same case.
- A Reproduction of recordings of proceedings filing fee is due for each hearing/trial or part thereof. View current fees
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Miscellaneous or
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Audio File, Request for from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney. Click Next.
6. If you indicated that you are filing jointly with other attorney(s), select additional attorney(s) and click Next.
Note: You cannot add attorneys. Only attorneys who have previously entered an appearance will be available for selection.
7. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Browse to attach the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.
9. Select the Minute Entry regarding the hearing of which you are seeking a recording and click Next.
Note: Only one box may be selected. If you are seeking a recording of two hearings on one case, you will need to file two separate requests. If requesting a recording of a hearing/trial that lasted two or more consecutive days, select only the box corresponding to the first day.
10. Final docket text is displayed. Click Next.
11. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit.
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.