Official Procedure Last Change June 1, 2010
Schedule of Post-Petition Debt
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Miscellaneous > Post-Petition Debts Schedule
- When adding post-petition creditors after conversion to a Chapter 7, use the Schedule of Post-Petition Debts event. No fee will be charged under this event.
- Post-petition creditors wishing to file a claim for an administrative expense must first file an Application for Payment of Administrative Expense or Administrative Claim, then after the Court has entered an order approving, file a Proof of Claim, entering the amount into the Administrative box.
- The schedule must be signed by the debtor or debtor's attorney.
- Debtor must serve on all added creditors a Notice to Post-Petition Creditors providing twenty-one days for the filing of a motion for payment of an administrative expense and, unless a notice of insufficient assets to pay a dividend has been mailed in accordance with Fed.R.Bankr.P. 2002(e), the time for filing a claim of a kind specified in 11 U.S.C. §348(d). Sample Notice
- If the Schedule of Post-Petition Creditors is filed after conversion to a Chapter 7 and the notice of the meeting of creditors has been issued, the filing party must also provide that meeting notice to the added creditors.
- A Certificate of Service as to the above documents must be filed with the Court. The Certificate of Service can be filed in the same document as the Schedule of Post Petition Debts, or separately using the Certificate of Service menu option.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Miscellaneous.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Post-Petition Debts Schedule from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney. Click Next.
6. If you indicated that you are filing jointly with other attorney(s), select additional attorney(s) and click Next.
Note: You cannot add attorneys. Only attorneys who have previously entered an appearance will be available for selection.
7. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
9. Review ECF Notice. Select radio button regarding Certificate of Service. Click Next.
10. If you indicated that creditors are being added, enter each creditor in large text box or browse to select the creditor mailing list (.txt file) and click Next.
11. Final docket text is displayed. Click Next.
12. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit.
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.