Official Procedure Last Change February 19, 2016
Reaffirmation Agreement Cover Sheet
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Miscellaneous > Reaffirmation Agreement - Cover Sheet
Things to be aware of when filing: Official forms must be used. Download Reaffirmation forms
These instructions are for attorneys only. See separate procedure for instructions for limited users.
- A completed Reaffirmation Cover Sheet must be included with all Reaffirmation Agreements filed with the Court.
- If the cover sheet was inadvertently omitted when the Reaffirmation Agreement was filed, the following instructions should be used to file the cover sheet. However, these instructions are only to be used when the Reaffirmation Agreement is already on the docket. If filing the Cover Sheet together with the Reaffirmation Agreement, use the Reaffirmation Agreement menu option.
- Per S. D. Ind. B-4008-1, cover sheets must be filed using Official Form 427. Download Reaffirmation forms
- Cover sheet must be signed by one of the parties to the Agreement.
- Additionally, if any information has been included in lines 11 or 12, the debtor(s) must have signed below line 12. This must be done even if they have also signed the bottom of the cover sheet.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Miscellaneous.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Reaffirmation Agreement - Cover Sheet from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney. Click Next.
6. If you indicated that you are filing jointly with other attorney(s), select additional attorney(s) and click Next.
Note: You cannot add attorneys. Only attorneys who have previously entered an appearance will be available for selection.
7. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
9. If this is an amended cover sheet, choose Amended from the drop-down box, else leave blank. Click Next.
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.