Official Procedure Last Change July 25, 2009
Request for Separate Notice
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Miscellaneous > Request for Separate Notice
- On joint cases, any Court notices that are sent to both the primary debtor and the joint debtor are sent in one single envelope if both debtors live at the same address.
- If the joint debtor wishes to have all notices that are addressed to them sent in a separate envelope, a Request for Separate Notice should be filed with the Court.
- The Request for Separate Notice is not required if the primary debtor and joint debtor live at different addresses. If they live at different addresses, all notices from the Court are automatically sent to each debtor separately at their respective address.
- A Request for Separate Notice can only be filed by a debtor in a joint case. Creditors seeking to be added to the case to receive notice should use the Request for Notice event.
- Notice must be signed by the debtor or debtor's attorney.
- A proposed order is not required.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Miscellaneous.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Request for Separate Notice from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney. Click Next.
6. If you indicated that you are filing jointly with other attorney(s), select additional attorney(s) and click Next.
Note: You cannot add attorneys. Only attorneys who have previously entered an appearance will be available for selection.
7. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Browse to attach the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.
9. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
10. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit.
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.