Official Procedure Last Change December 1, 2022
Debtor Electronic Bankruptcy Noticing (DeBN)
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Miscellaneous > Electronic Noticing Request for Debtors
Advantages to debtors include:
- Debtors receive their documents more quickly, and at the same time their attorney does.
- Electronic documents may be less likely to be misplaced over the years.
To sign up for DeBN
- The debtor must complete and file a Debtor’s Electronic Noticing Request form.
- If both debtors in a joint case wish to receive e-mailed orders and court-generated notices, each debtor must file a separate form.
- Once a DeBN request has been filed, the DeBN account will automatically activate within 48 hours.
- Debtors can file DeBN activation forms at any divisional office of the court or their attorney can file it electronically for them.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Miscellaneous.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Electronic Noticing Request for Debtors from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney. Click Next.
6. If you indicated that you are filing jointly with other attorney(s), select additional attorney(s) and click Next.
Note: You cannot add attorneys. Only attorneys who have previously entered an appearance will be available for selection.
7. Select the debtor from the party list and click Next.
8. Browse to attach the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.
9. Final docket text is displayed. Click Next.
10. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit.
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.